It’s truly comical to watch the mainstream media breathlessly report that the super committee is on the verge of collapse and that they won’t be able to come to an agreement ahead of their deadline Wednesday. What’s comical about it is the fact that no one with a shred of commonsense expected anything else from the very day that the super committee idea was announced.
I’m here to talk about the real super committee that wouldn’t fail. The super committee of conservative bloggers who, on a daily basis, hit it hard, and most of the time, get it right. Before I give you my list, and I’ll keep it at 6 since that’s half the number that the failed super committee is comprised of, I hope that anyone who is left off of this list isn’t offended in anyway. I have the utmost respect and admiration for the vast majority of bloggers who pound their keyboards (and some do much more) daily trying to get at the truth. It’s a thankless task, but one that is probably more important than we may ever know.
Without further ado:
1. Allahpundit- Arguably the silent avenger of conservative bloggers. There are many of us who just can’t wait for the “second shift” at Hot Air to take over to get the latest take from a man that I feel has to be included in any list of prolific bloggers. Allahpundit is a perfect compliment to Ed Morrissey, and shows the insight of Michelle Malkin for bringing him in the fold.
2. Instapundit (Glenn Reynolds)- Some call him the “Blogfather”, others call him Professor. I just send him emails on an almost daily basis hoping for the elusive “Instalanche.” A link by Glenn is a boost to your traffic that could only be surpassed by a link at Drudge.
3. Robert Stacy McCain- No one has been personally more responsible for the success of more blogs in an indirect way than R.S. McCain. How? He spelled it out for you. If you’re a blogger, whether you’re just starting out or you’ve been doing it since the beginning, The Other McCain‘s How to Get a Million Hits On Your Blog in Less Than a Year is a must read post.
4. Ace- Is there anyone wittier or snarkier than Ace of Spades? I don’t think so. He also has a pretty impressive array of co-bloggers as well.
6. Jeff Goldstein- Jeff, owns and operates Protein Wisdom. I asked earlier if anyone was wittier and snarkier than Ace. While I think that distinction belongs to Ace, Jeff certainly gives him a run for his money. How about this for an example:
So rather than burden you all with my funk I think I’ll just go have a frozen pizza and watch a few movies. 80s movies. Bad comedies. Maybe some horror flicks. The kinds of movies where big-haired, heavily tarted-up wannabe-actresses show their tits for no reason other than that the script suggests they do so — and because they think the exposure will bring the kind of celluloid fame that my attentions today in fact provide them.
Let no one say I can’t appreciate the small victories.
There are of course, many more who would make great additions to the super committee that wouldn’t fail. I’m convinced that if any number of these people were placed in a room and given the task of fixing our Nation, they could do it.
But, in the meantime, we’ll just keep sending the same buffoons up to Washington and hope for the best.